Last Updated on December 24, 2022 by Leepu Da Maxim
There are some key differences between Toyota Camry LE, SE, And XLE. The Toyota Camry LE and XLE are the luxury edition while the Camry SE is the sport edition. The Toyota Camry LE is the most basic trim level while the Toyota Camry XLE is the most luxurious model with all the features of the LE and SE, plus additional luxury amenities such as a moonroof, leather upholstery, and heated front seats.
- Toyota Camry LE has a hybrid option for better fuel economy as well as Toyota safety sense, and an advanced infotainment system
- Toyota Camry SE has a sporty suspension and athletic styling to ensure you get a satisfying and smooth ride
- Toyota Camry XLE has a backup camera and blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alerts
- Both Toyota Camry Le and SE have 2.5L 4-cylinder engines while Toyota Camry XLE has a V6 engine
Comparing Different Toyota Camry Trim Levels
Before diving into the specific differences, we must understand what the Toyota trim level acronyms mean. Every letter has a meaning, and when they are combined, they give meaning to the trim name. E means edition, L means luxury except in L trim which is entry-level, S means sport, and X mostly means executive except in some instances where it means extreme.
You can already tell what the trim name means by combining the letters from this information. For Toyota Camry, LE is the luxury edition, XLE stands for executive luxury edition, and SE means sports edition. Each model comes with unique features that enhance its edition. For example, the luxury edition has luxury features while the sports edition has sporty features.
Let’s look at the features of each trim level for ease of comparison.
2022 LE Trim
MSRP: starting at $24,970
This base trim level offers a well-equipped experience for your daily driving. This trim is comfortable, functional, and well-thought-out to guarantee a safe driving experience. It has cup holders at the front and rear, Toyota safety sense, and an advanced infotainment system. The trim also has a hybrid option for better fuel economy and an environmentally friendly car. The hybrid version has an MSRP OF $27,270
1. 7-inch touch screen display that has six speakers, USB, and USB-C ports
2. Compatible with android auto, Amazon Alexa, and apple car play
3. Has an integrated backup camera with a projected path
4. 17-inch alloy wheels
5. Auto on/off headlights
6. Tire pressure monitoring system
7. Toyota safety sense 2.5+
8. Eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat and six-way for the passenger seat
10. 60/40 split fold-down rear seat
11. Full-speed dynamic radar cruise control with lane tracing assist
2022 SE trim
MSRP: Starting at $26,485
This trim builds on LE’s features to add more sportiness to the trim. With this model, you will experience a sportier feel, especially in the cabin. The seats are made of synthetic leather that is soft to touch and reflects the sun to reduce heat during summer. This trim uses the same engine as the LE; thus, the fuel economy is the same. The trim has a sporty suspension and athletic styling to ensure you get a satisfying and smooth ride. You will find LE trim features on this model together with these others:
1. 18-inch black alloy wheels with a machine finish
2. Black front grille with sport mesh insert
3. Sport softex trimmed seas with fabric inserts
4. Sport-tuned suspension
5. Color-keyed sport side rocker panels
6. Dual exhaust tips
7. Automatic climate control
8. Rear spoiler
9. Leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters
2022 XLE trim
MSRP: starting at $29,870
The XLE trim is packed with technology that upgrades your daily driving experience. It is designed for maximum functionality and luxury. Most drivers are impressed by the heated leather seats that come with this trim level. It also has a backup camera and blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alerts.
1. 18-inch dark gray alloy wheels with machine-finish
2. Chrome exterior accents
3. Dual-zone automatic climate control
4. Has audio plus system with 9-inch touch screen display
5. The front seats are heated and have a leather trim
6. Ventilated front seats
7. 7-inch TFT driver-information display
8. Has an innovative key system with a push-button start
9. Has a blind spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert
10. The Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging pad
11. Full-speed range dynamic radar cruise control
Summary Of The Differences Between Toyota Camry Trim Levels
|Seats||Fabric-trimmed seats and layered wood||Sport softex-trimmed front seats with fabric inserts and embossed mesh trim||Heated and ventilated front seats with leather trim|
|Air conditioning||Manual air conditioning||Single-zone automatic climate control||Dual-zone automatic climate control|
|Wheels||17-inch alloy wheels with a dark gray front grille||18inch black machine-finished alloy wheels with a black front grille with sport mesh insert||18-inch dark grey alloy wheels with machine finish with chrome exterior accents|
|Engine||2.5L 4-cylinder engine||2.5L 4-cylinder engine||V6 engine|
|Fuel economy||29 mpg city and 41 mpg highway||44mpg city and 47 mpg highway||44mpg city and 47 mpg highway|
Similarities Of The Toyota Camry Trim Levels
All the Toyota Camry trims have several standard features on the exterior and interior. Below are some of the similarities;
1. 7- inch touchscreen infotainment display featuring six speakers
2. Amazon Alexa, Apple Carplay, and android auto
3. Bi-LED combination headlights that have an auto on/off feature
4. Bluetooth technology
5. Dynamic radar cruise control
6. Hill-start assist control
7. Integrated backup camera with projected path
8. Ten airbags
9. Three USB ports, including USB-C
10. Toyota safety sense
11. Pre-collision system with pedestrian detection
12. SiriusXM satellite radio trial
Which Toyota Camry Trim Should You Choose?
Toyota Camry gives shoppers various trims to choose from depending on their preference, budget, and taste. If you have a tight budget, the LE trim is the perfect one for you. It costs relatively less than the other trims and comes with all the features you need in a comfortable and safe ride. This trim is stylish and features power-adjustable drivers eat for maximum comfort.
If you are looking for a fun and sporty ride, we recommend going for the SE trim. This model has a sporty style that is not only stylish but is also more powerful.
If you want a luxurious driving experience and the budget isn’t a hindrance, we recommend the XLE trim. The model is designed for driver and passenger comfort; it even has heated front seats to help you weather the colder months. This model has a powerful V6 engine and a premium entertainment system.
Toyota Camry is a popular and reliable model that comes in various trims to ensure everyone finds something they lie. The trims have many similarities, but they also have differences that make each trim special. We hope that this article has helped you understand each trim level, and you can comfortably choose one that suits your budget and lifestyle. Happy driving!