Last Updated on February 9, 2023 by Leepu Da Maxim
The answer to this nagging question is subjective. The reliability of a car hinges on many factors, but performance is chief among them. The Consumer reliability survey suggests that Ford Cars come with mixed reliability. However, most of the cars are good, dependable, and reliable.
- Ford is a well-established automaker brand with a reputation for building solid, dependable vehicles
- Ford uses state-of-the-art technology and high-quality equipment to ensure that the vehicles are built to last
- Ford does various testing to identify and solve various problems before selling their new vehicles
- Ford provides excellent customer support through their dealerships and service centers nationwide
A Peak at the Reliability Ratings of Ford Cars
Before you decide to purchase a Ford car, you must consider its reliability first. The recent consumer reliability survey gave the Ford Brand a score of 38, ranking it 22nd among 26 brands.
Judging the Car’s Reliability Ratings
The big elephant in the house is, “how do you judge the car’s reliability?”
Before determining the ratings of any car model, several factors come into play. Some of the core factors are discussed below:
- Cost: The coverage cost of the car model plays a critical role in determining its reliability ratings. Companies with lower coverage costs get the upper hand in getting a higher reliability score.
- Coverage: Coverage is a broad term. However, in our case, it refers to the available warranty plans. The warranty includes but is not limited to roadside assistance and coverage terms.
- Industry Status: It might sound awkward, but it is true. The brand’s reputation in the motor industry influences the reliability ratings of its models a great deal.
- Customer Service: What’s a better way to rate a car than exploring its level of customer service? Here, the adage “the customer is the king” is proven true. When a motor company provides exceptional services to its customers, they provide positive reviews that help rate the brand’s reliability. On the flip side, if the customer services are poor, the brand gets negative reviews that impact the ratings negatively.
- Critical Reception: Car critics play a significant role in shaping the automotive industry. Their professional opinion is a significant factor when determining the reliability score of any car.
Exploring Ford’s Reliability Rating
Ironically, most Ford models have an average reliability score, but they are still popular. According to most drivers who confess that they will still buy the brand, again and again, Ford is still a trusted brand.
Besides the 2021 Ford Edge, which is rated above average in terms of reliability, a popular model like Ford Escape has a lower ranking. The irony of it all is that the Ford Escape is a compact SUV that has popularity all over the country. The SUV ranks highly for customer satisfaction.
The reliability of Ford cars is affected by the following factors:
- Oil leakages.
- Engine issues.
- Transmission problems (Jerking and shaking).
- Dashboard connectivity issues.
- Vehicle safety structures.
The List of the Most Reliable Ford Models
The Ford brand has some reliable and good models that have gained the hearts of most customers. Suppose you are eager to look at these dependable, reliable, and good cars from the Ford brand; let’s discuss them.
1. The Ford Edge
This road beast 2021 model boasts an enhanced engine performance. The car comes with excellent acceleration and better fuel economy that appeal to many road users.
Suppose you are a fan of quiet interior and steady rides; you have these packaged in a 2021 Ford Edge.
What more can you look for in a car than the roomy cabin with the 2021 Ford Edge model? The Edge also has numerous standard safety features, making this midsized SUV an excellent choice for families that value safety.
Did you know that the Ford Edge has a 2.7L V6 EcoBoost engine? This engine enables the car to have exceptional horsepower and torque to propel you to new heights in road experience.
2. The Ford Mustang
The Ford Mustang model is an authentic American icon car that provides powerful and unmatched engines for enthusiastic drivers searching for modern solid cars.
The Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 that entered the market in 2020 endears itself to most masculine drivers, thanks to the 760-horsepower boasted by its powerful and efficient engine.
Besides the 5.2L Supercharged Cross Plane Crank V8 engine, the car also boasts a comfy interior featuring RECARO® Leather sports seats that provide exceptional comfort and support, especially when negotiating sharp corners.
The car is hyped as the most potent and iconic road machine that Ford has ever made, and it is rightly so!
3. The Ford Fusion
The Ford Fusion is a midsized family sedan that features spacious back and front seats. Most drivers attest that with the Fusion, they experience composed handling, smooth rides, and better road experience.
Suppose you desire a more robust engine; you better opt for a 2019 Ford Fusion model or any other older model with V6 Options.
It is a shame that Ford Motor Co. discontinued the production of this reliable model in 2021. However, you can find numerous Ford Fusion cars for sale.
The latest Ford Fusion (the 2020 model) features impressive features like automatic braking, availability of Android Auto and Apple Carplay, Front and four-wheel drive options, and gas, hybrid/ plug-in hybrid drivetrain.
4. The Ford Expedition
Are you craving a car that can load up your entire family and cargo hassle-free? Look no further than the Ford Expedition. This car features a roomy interior and allows a seating arrangement in two or three rows.
If you want to travel with your gear, the SUV has enough cargo hold to cater to the entire family’s gear.
Regardless of the adventure you are looking forward to, the expedition boasts sufficient muscle to tow up to 6000 pounds.
The 2020 Expedition model comes with a 3.5 EcoBoost engine with 440 horsepower and a torque of 510 lb.-ft. It also boasts a standout design and several technological updates that endear it to customers.
5. The Ford F-150
The Ford F-150 is the last on our list. This tuck is hyped as “the total package,” explaining its leading status as the most-sold car in the US today.
This road beast is equipped with a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 or V8 diesel engine and boasts exceptional towing capabilities.
If you are a tech-savvy driver, you must fall in love with the Ford F-150 truck. The latest model features a 12-inch touchscreen that brings all you need under your command. You can easily access your favorite playlist via the touch screen, find the direction with ease, or make a hassle-free call while on the go. Generally, the screen makes multitasking easier.
Regardless of the average reliability rating of most Ford models, the cars are generally good, dependable, reliable, and satisfactory.