Last Updated on February 6, 2023 by Leepu Da Maxim
Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer so all Hyundai cars are foreign car in the perspective of the United States. Hyundai has manufacturing plants and research and development facilities in the USA but despite that Hyundai is a foreign car company because it is a South Korea based company.
- Hyundai cars offer different design and features that are distinct from cars that are made in the USA
- Hyundai has a significant presence in markets around the world as a foreign automaker
- The perception of Hyundai as a foreign brand has been reinforced through marketing and advertising
Reasons Of Why Hyundai Car Is Considered A Foreign Car In The USA
First and foremost; Hyundai is not an American company and cars are manufactured in Korea. Even Some Hyundai models are not engineered to meet US Highway regulations and they are basically imported into the USA. Here are some reasons why such thoughts have been raised –
1. Location of Origin:
Hyundai is a South Korean carmaker. The company was founded by Chung Ju-Yung in 1947. They started making cars in the 1960s after they started making tracks in 1951. The company was originally called Hyundai Motor Company.
The quality of the cars is not up to the mark like American-made brands like Ford and is still not good enough for the American market.
The service provided by the company is also not up to the mark and is still not good enough for the American market.
4. Age Of Car:
Hyundais are old compared to other new cars that are available in the market.
5. Origin Of Concept Designer:
Hyundai cars are designed by their own designers and not any Americans are involved with it.
6. Price: The price of the car is also not good enough for the American market as compared to the other American-made cars like Ford and Chevy.
7. Reputation: Hyundai is still a young company and has no reputation in the USA.
8. Success: The success of Hyundai in the USA is not good enough as compared to other companies like Ford and Chevy.
9. Fuel Efficiency: Hyundais have a lower fuel efficiency than the other American carmakers like Ford and GMC.
Some Interesting Facts About Hyundai Car
1. Hyundai is a South Korean carmaker that has been making cars for over 60 years.
2. Hyundai has been making cars since the 1950s.
3. The company was founded by Chung Ju-Yung in 1947.
4. The company initially started out as a construction company.
5. They started making cars in the 1960s.
6. The company was originally called Hyundai Motor Company.
7. Hyundai is now the world’s 13th largest automaker by sales volume
8. It also makes commercial vehicles, including trucks, buses, and heavy equipment
9. It also makes bicycles, marine engines, automatic transmission components
10. The four-door sedan version of the Hyundai Elantra GT won the 2012 North American Car of the Year award.
Who Are The Top American Car Maker Brand?
The Ford Motor Company is one of the top American-made car manufacturers. Ford Motor Company, along with Tesla, General Motors, Chrysler, and Chevy, is one of the most influential car companies in the United States. The Ford Company is the second-largest car company in the United States and has long been a symbol of American innovation.