Last Updated on September 10, 2022 by John K. Clifford
Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer that was founded in 1967. With more than a million cars sold each year, Hyundai is considered a successful company. Still, the question of whether it is a “foreign” car in the USA remains relevant.
To clarify – foreign used cars are sold without any restrictions from the country they come from. Thus, if you import a used Honda from Japan to the USA, it will be foreign because you did not need to go through any paperwork with the Japanese government before importing it there.
The Hyundai Elantra GT might be one of the best-sellers out there when it comes to affordable midsize sedans. But its manufacturer Hyundai is originally Korean and so, some might argue it’s not an American car in terms of specs and quality control.
Apple products are made in China. Apple is not a Chinese company. If people are poor in Bosnia, does it change much if Nike builds a factory there?
No. Why? Because it’s not just about patents. It’s about the design and who made it. Is it a German car or a Japanese car? Who controls the company? Where are they located?
Reasons Of Why Hyundai Car Is Considered A Foreign Car In The USA
First and foremost; Hyundai is not an American company and cars are manufactured in Korea. Even Some Hyundai models are not engineered to meet US Highway regulations and they are basically imported into the USA. Here are some reasons why such thoughts have been raised –
1. Location of Origin:
Hyundai is a South Korean carmaker. The company was founded by Chung Ju-Yung in 1947. They started making cars in the 1960s after they started making tracks in 1951. The company was originally called Hyundai Motor Company.
The quality of the cars is not up to the mark like American-made brands like Ford and is still not good enough for the American market.
The service provided by the company is also not up to the mark and is still not good enough for the American market.
4. Age Of Car:
Hyundais are old compared to other new cars that are available in the market.
5. Origin Of Concept Designer:
Hyundai cars are designed by their own designers and not any Americans are involved with it.
6. Price: The price of the car is also not good enough for the American market as compared to the other American-made cars like Ford and Chevy.
7. Reputation: Hyundai is still a young company and has no reputation in the USA.
8. Success: The success of Hyundai in the USA is not good enough as compared to other companies like Ford and Chevy.
9. Fuel Efficiency: Hyundais have a lower fuel efficiency than the other American carmakers like Ford and GMC.
Some Interesting Facts About Hyundai Car
1. Hyundai is a South Korean carmaker that has been making cars for over 60 years.
2. Hyundai has been making cars since the 1950s.
3. The company was founded by Chung Ju-Yung in 1947.
4. The company initially started out as a construction company.
5. They started making cars in the 1960s.
6. The company was originally called Hyundai Motor Company.
7. Hyundai is now the world’s 13th largest automaker by sales volume
8. It also makes commercial vehicles, including trucks, buses, and heavy equipment
9. It also makes bicycles, marine engines, automatic transmission components
10. The four-door sedan version of the Hyundai Elantra GT won the 2012 North American Car of the Year award.
Who Are The Top American Car Maker Brand?
The Ford Motor Company is one of the top American-made car manufacturers. Ford Motor Company, along with Tesla, General Motors, Chrysler, and Chevy, is one of the most influential car companies in the United States. The Ford Company is the second-largest car company in the United States and has long been a symbol of American innovation.