According to the rule of thumb, it is necessary to take control of the vehicle as efficiently as possible. So, you can start by avoiding hard braking and taking your foot off the accelerator. Also, you should correct your steering as soon as possible to get back on the road completely.
Driverless Vehicles – Pros & Cons
|1. Excellent economic benefits due to the decrease in traffic accidents|
2. A large number of human lives saved since human error causes 90% of road deaths
3. Simple and easy driving for people who cannot drive themselves today
4. Necessary travel time reduced considerably
5. Increased number of electric cars and improvement of the whole environment
6. More free time for people who don’t want to drive
|1. High probability of increased vehicle congestion|
2. Likelihood of computer failure or criminal hacking
3. Difficulty in making important decisions due to computer morale
4. Loss of millions of human jobs
5. Initial costs too high
6. Need for a highly integrated system for autonomous and non-autonomous vehicles
7. Negative aspect for people who enjoy driving a vehicle
How To Control An Out-Of-Control Vehicle?
When a vehicle is out of control, you can take some useful steps to control the situation. With this steps, you have the possibility of avoiding minor or serious accidents.
To do so, you should not panic and on the contrary, you should know as much as possible about the attitude of your vehicle. In turn, the following procedure will prevent you from performing any dangerous maneuvers due to a lack of knowledge.
Stop A Vehicle That Is Out Of Control
1. Do Not Panic: Of course, the first important step is that you do not panic when a vehicle starts to get out of control. So, maintaining control at all times is important for you to perform the procedure correctly. If you allow yourself to panic, then the results can be the same and even worse, which might lead to a fatal accident for you and other road users.
So, you must pay attention to the current state of the vehicle before you begin to perform the rest of the steps that follow. You should be able to act intelligently and reduce the damage and consequences when your car is out of control.
2. Use Your Brakes: First, here you will need to take your foot off the accelerator so the vehicle can slow down. Of course, doing this many times is not enough so you will be forced to use the brakes. Even the accelerator could work without your control and continue to increase the vehicle’s speed.
In this case, you should not pump the brake pedal, as this is not effective at all. On the contrary, doing this could simply worsen the result in the next few meters. You should press the brake pedal firmly on your feet. This way you will be able to notice the excellent results of doing this.
At all times, you should keep your eyes on the road or the road. The mats might get stuck next to the accelerator pedal. In particular, this can cause your vehicle to continue to accelerate in a controlled manner.
Here, in turn, it is best to remove the mats from the wrong place without losing sight of the road. After doing this, you should be able to brake the vehicle with good results.
3. Changing Gears: Another effective step you can take to avoid over-accelerating your car is to change gears. In this case, you can put the car in neutral to prevent the stuck accelerator from continuing to be a serious problem. This is very effective when your car’s brakes don’t work for some reason.
This way, the natural friction will have a chance to slow your vehicle down. Of course, you will need a lot of meters to completely stop the vehicle. In neutral gear, the vehicle cannot accelerate and the engine produces much more noise than usual.
This is even something very common that most users notice in their vehicles at some point. Besides, you need to consider what to do that could produce some kind of damage or defect to the engine or transmission of the vehicle.
4. Orient The Vehicle Correctly: Another important factor to consider during this procedure is the context in which you are located. Therefore, if you are in a place with a lot of traffic or people you must know how to orient the vehicle correctly.
In this way, you will be able to avoid causing damage to other cars or people. It is even a very important step to avoid seriously or fatally injuring other people.
Also, you should turn on your hazard lights so that you can alert all drivers around you. Once you have taken this step, you can then direct your vehicle to a safe, uncrowded location. In case your vehicle ends up hitting some object, you will have avoided causing damage to other people.
5. Parking The Vehicle: The main objective of this step is to prevent you from continuing to drive the vehicle from there. So, a professional mechanic must check the car for possible damage. In this way, you will be able to prevent a new accident from happening when you don’t use a car in poor condition. So, simply turn off the vehicle and leave it in parking mode.
6. Repairing The Damage: Last but not least, you should check all the damages produced by the lack of control of your vehicle. Here, we must also include the damage and flaws that the vehicle has. In a great number of cases, a lack of control of a car is produced by some defect in the mechanics.
In turn, you should check that the rest of the passengers in your vehicle are in good condition. You should consider calling 911 if someone has been slightly or seriously injured. If no one is injured, then you should call a tow truck to move the vehicle. Do not drive the vehicle again until it is 100% repaired.
Should You Accelerate While Turning?
In general, experts recommend that while you are turning in a vehicle you should not brake. Here, drivers simply cause a skid and lose control of the vehicle. In this case, traction is exceeded when the tires must turn and at the same time reduce speed. So, to maintain control of the vehicle you must finish the turn.
Of course, the same thing happens if you want to turn your car and accelerate at the same time. In this case, the vehicle will also begin to skid and you could lose control at that very moment. So, the best thing to do is to stop the turn of the car and then brake or accelerate as you prefer.
How Many Seconds Should You Signal Before Turning?
In particular, you should signal when you are within 100 feet of your next turn or maneuver. If you are thinking about time, then you should signal approximately 3 seconds before your next maneuver.
In particular, it is ideal for you to travel at 45 miles per hour and are within 100 feet of your next turn. This time or distance will be more than enough to alert drivers around you.
How Much Should I Slow Down When I Turn?
To avoid traffic accidents, you should reduce your speed to an optimal point before you turn. Then, you must take a “Y” fork, it is recommended that you reduce your speed to 50 miles per hour. Here, the field of vision is greater so it is not necessary to reduce your speed greatly.
On the contrary, in a normal 90-degree turn in any city, you should reduce your speed even more. Here, it is advisable to turn at a maximum speed of 20 miles per hour. You should consider braking. This is because you may encounter traffic or pedestrians after turning. If you are going too fast, then you could cause an accident or hit someone.