Last Updated on January 20, 2023 by Leepu Da Maxim
Tire shine is bad for tires. It’s true, that there are many different chemicals used in the process of producing this product, and they can often leave a residue on a tire that includes rubber particles in the air. Many people assume that the rubber particles in tire shine will not harm their vehicle’s rubber, but these particles can clog up the tire’s surface and prevent it from running smoothly.
- usually, tire shiner is bad for tire because tire shiner contains certain chemicals that can damage the rubber
- Petroleum-based tire shiner can cause tires to dry out and crack over time
- You should use tire shine that are specially made for use on tires
- It is always a good idea to do a patch test before applying tire shiner on the tire
Result of Tire Shine Application Comparison
|Proper Application||When the instructions are followed correctly when applying tire shine, no damage to the tires occurs||Undamaged Tires|
|Incorrect Application||Tire shine can cause tire damage when applied incorrectly||Damaged Tires|
|Dirty Tires||Failure to clean tires before applying tire shine can result in accelerated tire deterioration||Moderate and little to no effect|
|Excessive Application||Applying too much tire shine to tires can also cause some damage over time||Damaged Tires|
|Poor Quality Products||Too much cheap tire shine may cause premature tire cracking or aging||Damaged Tires|
6 Reasons of Why Tire Shine Is Bad
For a long time, this product has been on the market to offer a unique and very nice style to the rims of any vehicle. Most of the time when a vehicle has glossy paint, the tire shine completes this look. Of course, vehicles that have a matte finish on the paint are not likely to use this product.
- Beyond that, many people who have used tire shine have suffered some damage to their tires. In any case, experts assure us that there are no unintended consequences to be faced when using tire shine. In particular, to avoid tire-related problems, one should use this product in the right way.
- In other words, here problems can arise such as aging or cracking of tires when this product is used incorrectly. Of course, there are also many other ways in which these problems can appear in an accelerated manner in the tires of a vehicle.
- The most frequent causes of this are leaving a vehicle exposed to sunlight for several hours per day or applying a wash on the tires on a very infrequent basis. Contrary to what many people may believe, tire rot and cracking can be limited by driving the vehicle.
- It is also necessary to read the instructions correctly each time any product is used on a car. Experts have tested a wide variety of products including many tire polishes. In each of these cases, these experts mention that no problems occur when the products are used as directed by the manufacturers.
- This is logical since a manufacturer will not spend thousands of dollars in research and development to make a product that produces more harm than good. At the same time, there are no products that are similar in composition and performance. The products that are available on the market are either oil or solvent-based or water-based.
- Besides, removing tire dressing is one of the most important steps before applying a tire polish. Of course, some of these products are easier to remove than other options. However, the tire dressing must be completely removed after each wash, regardless of whether or not the same product is reapplied later.
How To Apply Tire Shine Properly
There are a series of very simple steps to correctly apply tire polish and avoid tire damage. In this way, it will be possible to enjoy an excellent style in the tires without diminishing the useful life of these components of the vehicle.
1. Cleaning The Tires
Before applying any product to the tires, it is necessary to apply an efficient cleaning to obtain a good result. In this case, it is a matter of using cleaning equipment to a cleaning solution. In this way, dirt, grime, dirt, dust, and all similar components can be removed from the tires.
So, on many occasions using only water could be somewhat insufficient. Many undesirable components can be inserted solidly into the tires. A cleaning solution can be the most appropriate component to completely remove all the dirt from the tires. This step is one of the most important to get a good result in the application of tire gloss.
2. Drying The Tires
Of course, the excess water must be completely removed once you have finished cleaning the tires. Some of today’s products can be applied in wet or dry circumstances. However, regardless of the capabilities of each product, it is always recommended to wait until the tires are completely dry.
In this way, the tires will be able to count on a much more efficient application of the tire polish. At the same time, professionals mention that waiting until the tires are completely dry decreases the chances that the right product will start to drip. It is even a step that only requires the passage of time for the tires to dry.
3. Applying The Product
Before applying the product the instructions must be properly read to avoid mistakes. At the same time, the product must be applied not only in the right way but also in the right quantity. Correct compliance with the instructions is what can prevent cracking or premature aging of tires.
Additionally, it is necessary to consider that these products often contain various hazardous chemical components. Therefore, to avoid skin damage, protective gloves should be worn. Otherwise, the person’s skin could be exposed to various chemical components.
4. Wait For The Product To Take Effect
After the person has finished applying the tire polish, he/she should wait for a few minutes. Waiting this time is necessary for the tire polish to dry and fully adhere to the tires. Here, it might be necessary to wait between 10 minutes and 30 minutes. After the necessary time indicated in the product instructions has passed, the person can drive the vehicle.
5. Wiping Off Excess Product
To avoid creating a sticky surface that will allow dust and dirt to adhere easily, it is necessary to wipe the excess gloss off the tires. A damp sponge or cloth will suffice.