Last Updated on February 6, 2023 by Leepu Da Maxim
For a Jeep Grand Cherokee, you can use Wrangler YJ- 15-16″, Wrangler TJ- 15-16″, Grand Cherokee ZJ- 15″, Grand Cherokee WJ-16-20″, Jeep Liberty KJ/KK-16-18″, Cherokee KL-17-18″, Jeep gladiator-17-18″, etc.
- In order to find the perfect wheel set for Jeep Grand Cherokee, you have to consider the size of the tire
- The tire size determines the wheel size, as a smaller tire requires a smaller diameter wheel
- Alloy wheels are lighter, but have a higher cost and have less load-carrying capability than steel wheels do
- Steel wheels are typically cheaper and heavier than alloy wheels, and can be used in any environment for increased durability
Types Of Wheel That Are Interchangeable With The Jeep Grand Cherokee
The following are the types of wheels that are compatible with the Jeep Grand Cherokee:
1. The Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ/Comanche MJ/Cherokee XJ/Wagoneer XJ is just one of the many Jeeps that have interchangeable rims and perfectly fit with Jeep Grand Cherokee.
2. For those of you who are wondering if 1st-gen (2007-2017) Jeep Compass/Patriot rims also fit on your Jeep Grand Cherokee, they do. It may be a bit of a tight fit, but it is possible with the right amount of patience.
3. Anything on a 5 on 4.5 bolt circle would work – I’ve personally seen old muscle cars work well (since Jeep rims are popular as cheap replacement parts for racers) but it’s tough to find them.
4. Jeep Liberty, Wranglers, and ’93-’98 Grand Cherokees share the same bolt pattern as the XJ. Ford Rangers, Mustangs, Escapes, and Mazda Tributes all use the same bolt pattern too (5×4.5″ with 4″ or 5″ backspacing).
5. The Wrangler YJ & TJ series are compatible to interchange the wheels with each other. Whether it’s for off-road purposes or just upgrading the look of your Wrangler, this is an affordable option.
6. Below are the different sizes of Jeep wheels and models where you can interchange with:
a. Wrangler YJ- 15-16″
b. Wrangler TJ- 15-16″
c. Grand Cherokee ZJ- 15″
d. Grand Cherokee WJ-16-20″
e. Jeep J series and Wagoneer-15.”
f. Jeep Liberty KJ/KK-16-18″
g. Wrangler JK-17-18″
h. Cherokee KL-17-18″
i. Wrangler JL-17-18″
j. Jeep gladiator-17-18″
7. The Chrysler RT wheel is a good option for those who want to use the factory’s original tire size. It offers 5 x 108 lugs.
8. The other type would be the Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ wheel, which is also known as the “six lugs” wheel and has six lugs per side, which makes it perfect for those who want to use aftermarket tires.
9. There are also Jeep Grand Cherokee WK wheels which have an 8 x 180mm bolt pattern and can house any tire with this bolt pattern.
Wheel Drive System Of Jeep Grand Cherokee
The jeep grand Cherokee is a sport utility vehicle that has been in production since 1993. The jeep grand Cherokee is part of the crossover SUV segment. In terms of size, it falls into the middle ground. It offers a good balance between handling and fuel efficiency as well as off-road capability and safety.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee’s drivetrain includes two four-wheel-drive systems: Command Trac and Quadra-Trac I, II, and III. The rubric consists of the following:
Command Trac I: This system has a 2-speed transfer case with a low-range gear that provides an automatic torque converter lockup for an automatic transmission equipped with an electronic range selector (ERS) or manual range selector (MSR) or without ERS/MSR.
Command Trac II: This system has a 2-speed transfer case with a low-range gear that provides an automatic torque converter lockup for an automatic transmission equipped with ERS or MSR, or without ERS/MSR.
Quadra-Trac I: This system has a 4-speed transfer case with a low-range gear and an electronic locking differential.
Quadra-Trac II: This system has a 4-speed transfer case with a low-range gear and an electronic locking differential.
Quadra-Trac III: This system has a 4-speed transfer case with a low range gear and an electronic locking differential and an electronically controlled part-time transfer case. The transfer case also has four driver-selectable modes: 2WD, 4WD High, 4WD Low, and Neutral.
The drivetrain of the Jeep Grand Cherokee is completed with a 5-speed automatic transmission. This transmission has electronic shift controls to manage the shifting of the gears. It also has an engine speed sensing capability to determine when to shift gears.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has a fully independent suspension system that is built with MacPherson struts in front and multi-link coil springs in the rear. The vehicle has a power-assisted rack and pinion steering to provide assistance while driving. The Jeep Grand Cherokee is equipped with disc brakes in both the front and rear axles. The front axles are equipped with ventilated discs while the rear axles are equipped with solid discs. The Jeep Grand Cherokee is available in three different trim levels: Laredo, Limited, and Overland. The Jeep Grand Cherokee is available as a two-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicle. The Jeep Grand Cherokee is available as a 4 door SUV with seating for 5 people. It has a curb weight of from 4,320 to 4,835 pounds.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has a lot of choices in the market for tires and wheels. We have seen that Cooper tires and wheels can be a good choice for this vehicle. But we should also consider the cost and availability before choosing one. The OEM wheels for the Jeep Grand Cherokee are 17×8.5, which is what the stock wheels are.