After Asbury Park Toll Plaza, commercial trucks weighing more than 4,500 kg, or 10,000 pounds, cannot use this avenue. Here, that road north of exit 105 should be used only by vehicles weighing less than this limit. However, when the trucks go south of that point, they must pay an additional toll.
|Garden State Parkway|
|Permitted Vehicles||Prohibited Vehicles|
|1. Commercial vehicles in general from exit 0 to exit 105 |
2. Tractor-trailers are allowed from exit 105 south
3. Tractor-trailers must comply with the restriction of a total length of 55 feet and a trailer length of 40 feet
|1. Commercial vehicles, in general, are prohibited from exit 105 to the New York/New Jersey border up north |
2. All vehicles heading north from exit 105 have a weight limit of 7,000 pounds (This includes cargo, fuel, and passenger vehicles)
3. Large commercial vehicles are generally prohibited along the Palisades Interstate Parkway
Is There A GPS App For Truck Drivers?
Generally, truck drivers need to travel a lot more miles than other drivers. That’s why many of them want to find a GPS application that is effective for truck drivers in particular. Also, a lot of different options can be found today.
In principle, each of these applications can provide basic and really useful information for every truck driver. So, a GPS allows you to avoid heavy traffic, choose the most reliable routes, or the fastest and shortest roads. Here, these basic aspects allow us to save a great amount of time to a driver who must cross a new area for him.
Besides, it not only reduces the driver’s working time but also reduces the stress that can be suffered on the road. By not taking the unwanted or unfamiliar roads the driver’s work can become much more pleasant.
So, to find the best free GPS application, you need to consider some key aspects. Even this add-on that did not exist until a few years ago is very necessary today. An efficient GPS application allows us to know which steps or bridges are too low for a certain truck.
Additionally, it is also possible to know the most convenient fuel prices as well as last-minute weather changes. So, we can mention about five key aspects that are an excellent advantage for truck drivers.
Less working time: As we have mentioned, when a driver can reduce working time, then it is an excellent benefit. To achieve this the GPS application allows the driver to take the route with less traffic and more direct to his next destination.
1.Cost Reduction: When a driver has this type of application, then he will be able to know in advance the cost of fuel in an updated way. This allows the driver to choose the most convenient cost according to the route he has to take on his way.
This is also another aspect that allows us to reduce the total working time. The driver does not have to stop at every gas station to get the best fuel price.
2. Easier Driving Work: Here, since the driver does not have to worry about a lot of factors, then the stress of the job decreases. Otherwise, the truck driver has to pay attention to a lot of details. Thus, without a GPS application, the driver must pay attention to the route he must take, road safety, fuel costs, weather, and other factors.
3. Greater Protection For The Driver: As we have mentioned before, the most convenient route is not only the fastest but also the safest. Thus, the truck driver can count on a much safer road. In turn, this is an excellent protection for the driver but also for the truck.
4. Optimal Results: When we consider all the advantages of a GPS application we can notice that the results are generally superior. Thus, not only the truck drivers benefit, but also the companies they belong to. Without a doubt, this allows us to reduce costs in general and to optimize working time.
What Is The Difference Between A Truck GPS And A Normal GPS?
Here, it is necessary to take into account that a car driver and a truck driver have different needs. Of course, both devices will be useful to know a certain geographic address. So, if you use either of the two options, you will be able to reach the desired place in the same way.
Beyond that the GPS applications that are intended for truck drivers, other additional features are included. In this way, it is possible to reduce the driver’s working time and at the same time obtain other advantages. This is why GPS applications for trucks are becoming more and more popular.
Here, we can mention some of the most common features of most GPS navigation systems for trucks. This way, you can get superior functionality if your job is to drive a truck.
1.Odometer Instrument: In principle, it is necessary to calculate the distance a driver travels along a road. GPS can use this information to perform other types of calculations. So, one of the most common calculations is to know the arrival time, as well as the distance that has been traveled in a certain amount of time.
2. Fuel Detection: All truckers, at least long-distance ones, need to know the locations of the gas stations. In fact, not only this is necessary, but also along with the location it is necessary to know the costs of each diesel fuel. Otherwise, it would not be very easy to reduce fuel costs efficiently.
3. Places Of Interest: Generally, truck drivers need to know several different places of interest. Here, it is possible to have a classic map, which can be very tedious to use in the middle of the road. Therefore, a GPS navigation system that informs the places of interest will be more convenient.
4. Qualified Parking: Any trucker knows that it is not possible to park his truck anywhere. This feature allows you to avoid a lot of fines for beginning trackers. Knowing the special parking locations for trucks also allows you to reduce the total time of work.
5. Location Of Restaurants: A lot of long-distance truckers need to know the best restaurants to avoid bad experiences. So, this feature also allows us to avoid a certain level of stress and time needed before finding the best restaurant. This way also a trucker can choose the best price among the available options.
6. Available Connectivity: Nowadays GPS navigation systems can offer different types of connectivity. One of the best known is Bluetooth connectivity which of course allows us to optimize the functionality of the GPS in combination with other electronic devices.
7. Traffic And Weather Information: If two factors are fundamental for every road user, it is the weather and the traffic that they will encounter. Knowing these two factors in advance allows the trucker to make better decisions that optimize the work. A route with heavy traffic and difficult weather is the main obstacle for many truckers.
8. Ideal Routes For Certain Trucks: Another very important feature is the right choice of route for a truck driver. There are many routes across the United States on which trucks cannot travel. Restrictions here can be based on the weight of the unit, the dimensions, or the cargo to be transported.
How Do You Avoid Low Bridges?
One of the most efficient ways to avoid low bridges is to pay attention to the signs around the area. Generally, most bridges that are too low for a truck include the signage necessary to avoid traffic jams.
Of course, there are other ways, such as using the Google Earth application or some websites that specialize in reporting low bridges. In this way, you will need a few minutes to know the most appropriate route to take.
Additionally, you can also count on a GPS application that is specialized for trucks. This way, your application will be able to inform you about the most appropriate route according to the height of your vehicle. This complement allows truck drivers to take the best possible route, decreasing work time.