These days it is possible to send a motorcycle to India from the United States. Right-hand drive cars can also enter, as left-hand drive cars are not allowed. Also, it is necessary to submit the relevant documentation and pay certain fees to bring a motorcycle into India.
Requirements And Documentation For Shipping Motorcycle To India From The USA
|1. The importer must have a permanent settlement in India if he has spent two years abroad.|
2. The importer must have ownership of the vehicle for more than one year before importation.
3. The importer must prove that the motorcycle will not be sold during the next two years and after the import.
|1. Original manufacturer’s invoice must be submitted|
2. Proof of residencies such as an electric bill, rent receipt, or property documents
3. Original passport
4. Vehicle Owner’s Manual
5. Original Bill of Lading
6. Vehicle keys
7. The physical location of the chassis number and engine number on the vehicle
8. list of standard and optional accessories available with the vehicle
9. Insurance policy or certificate
10. Evidence of actual freight paid
11. Letter of authority in India
12. Signatures on the corresponding import declaration forms
How Much Does It Cost To Send A Motorcycle Abroad?
In this case, it is necessary to take into account the exact destination where you want to send a motorcycle. Therefore, several factors can increase or decrease the total price of this procedure. Some companies that ship motorcycles to international destinations have a certain price range. Some average level costs may start at $1,000 per service.
Other times the average cost depending on the services incorporated can increase up to $2,000. If you require a carrier and packaging, the price may increase or decrease as well. In most cases, a company can request a list of needs from the client. This way, any customer will be able to establish the precise service needed for their motorcycle.
So, the most important factors that can affect the cost of shipping a motorcycle overseas are usually the same in all cases. Here we can mention the four main factors to be considered:
1. Destination (duties and taxes if applicable)
2. Vehicle make and model
3. Size and weight of the motorcycle
4. Location for delivery and collection of the vehicle
Additionally, the international shipment of a motorcycle means analyzing offers from different companies. Some websites can facilitate the procedure of sending a motorcycle to India as well as to any other place in the world. So, to start with this procedure the customer will need to detail a list of exact needs for the shipment.
Of course in this case it is necessary to have all the information available about the motorcycle. Also, it will be necessary to comply with the main requirements and the corresponding documentation at the time of entering a motorcycle in India.
However, these documents must be submitted at some point. Therefore, it is preferable to have this documentation as soon as possible. Once you have the exact list of needs to ship your motorcycle you will be able to receive different quotes from international shipping companies.
You may receive more or fewer quotes depending on the exact list of needs you have provided. Once you receive the quotes, you will have the ability to select the service along with the costs that are most appropriate for you.
Of course, among all the quotes you will be able to find services with an accessible and low cost. However, it is necessary to keep in mind that this means low quality or inefficient service for your vehicle. Your motorcycle could be at risk of damage when you choose a service that is too cheap. That is why this is a great aspect to consider.
Therefore, it is preferable to choose a service with an average cost and an acceptable or superior quality. It is also highly recommended to have all the information available about the shipping company that will transport your motorcycle to India. Also, the different clients that have used the same shipping company can qualify or comment on the service.
In this sense, this is very valuable information that you can use as a reference to decide whether you want to hire a certain shipping company. In turn, there is always a question and answer section next to the quote that international shipping companies will provide you with. All these aspects are really important so that your motorcycle can travel with better service.
How To Transport A Motorcycle From The USA To India?
In this case, you must have an exact list detailing each of your needs for a motorcycle transport service. It is necessary to take into account that there is a wide variety of international shipping companies that can transport your vehicle to India. So, you will have to be very precise about what you want to get to make the right choice.
As we have mentioned, there are services of different qualities and therefore different prices. Some websites allow you to choose the best international shipping company. This way you will have the possibility to make a better comparison of rates and services.
So, if you want to avoid any phone calls or an email with a full inbox you could choose one of these websites. Some of these web pages work as a necessary filter that can show the shipping companies that they can meet your real needs. In other words, it is a very efficient way to transport your motorcycle.
Even this also allows you to find better rates every day due to the competition between the different shipping companies. Here, it is necessary to have the most complete information possible about each shipping company. In this way, you will be able to have better information before paying a certain rate.
Finally, it is necessary to consider that there are some advantages when using a website with complete information. Here, for the moment, there are some advantages compared to contacting each shipping company separately.
1. Excellent quote management
2. Better guarantees when taking the service
3. Some websites provide cargo insurance
4. Expert level assistance during the delivery system
5. Payments can be made more securely
6. Your list of shipping needs can be more easily prepared and delivered to several shipping companies at the same time
7. This is one of the best options when you do not have much time to investigate the different shipping companies
8. This is also a great way to save money by choosing the best rates along with the best possible service for the money you pay
9. Lower stress levels by safely transporting your motorcycle to India
Can I Transport My Motorcycle By Plane To India?
The vast majority of people who transport a motorcycle prefer to choose a shipping company. However, there are some professional quality services for transporting a motorcycle by air. Some websites can summarize the information of different companies that offer this service.
Just like companies that transport a motorcycle by boat, air transport companies also offer different services. Each of these services is offered at different rates. So, if you do not want to hire a poor quality service, you will have to make a complete analysis of the different options that exist.
When it comes to a motorcycle, there are not many shipping companies that are reliable for motorcyclists. That is why it is really necessary to have certain websites that are dedicated to an efficient search. Once you can choose the most reliable airfreight service you will be able to receive your motorcycle in India.
In most cases, this transport is usually much faster concerning the shipping companies. In the same vein, an air transport service is also usually much more expensive compared to transport in any other way. Beyond that, an air transport company can provide excellent quality of punctuality and a high level of efficiency in all cases.
This, there are also some great advantages when contracting air transport to be able to transport your motorcycle. So, if you have the appropriate budget you can opt for this type of transport. It is also an excellent option when you do not want to lose too much time in transporting a motorcycle to India. The main advantages are:
1. Much more reliable arrival and departure times
2. This is the fastest method of transportation compared to those available for shipping a motorcycle
3. It is possible to transport a motorcycle anywhere in the world with air transport in the best possible time
4. Storage of the vehicle is not necessary when you use air transport
5. The risk of loss of goods or damage is much lower than in other types of transport
6. Security levels are much higher when it comes to air transport
7. Insurance premiums through air transport are offered at a very low cost
8. The preparation and packaging process requires less time and effort
9. Today there are satellite tracking services to check the status of your bike during the trip