Last Updated on November 4, 2021 by Viva Elizeee
Toyota and Honda both are Japanese Brands but they have some common differences like price, reliability, maintenance cost, fuel efficiency, resale value, and their looks.
Top 10 Differences Between Toyota Vs Honda
Toyota cars are expensive than Honda cars. The average price of a new Toyota car is about $30,000-$40,000 while a new Honda car’s price is about $20,000-$30,000.
In terms of reliability, Honda cars are better than Toyota cars. According to JD Power and Associates in the last five years, Honda has been the most reliable brand in the United States. In fact, Honda has been the most reliable brand for 5 years in a row.
3. Maintenance Cost:
Honda cars have lower maintenance costs than Toyota cars. Because they have less complicated systems and parts.
4. Fuel Efficiency:
Honda cars are better in fuel efficiency than Toyota cars. Honda cars have an average fuel economy of 25 mpg, while Toyota cars have an average fuel economy of 21 mpg. 5. Resale Value: Honda cars have a higher resale value than Toyota cars. The resale value of Honda cars is about $7,000 more than Toyota’s.
Toyota has a stronger styling than Honda. Toyota has a more powerful look while Honda has a conservative look.
Honda cars are more durable than Toyota cars. Honda cars have better reliability than Toyota cars.
Both Toyota and Honda have good safety ratings but Honda is safer than Toyota. Honda has a 5-star rating by NHTSA while Toyota has a 4-star rating by NHTSA.
10. Customer Service:
Both Honda and Toyota have good customer service but the customer service of Honda is better than that of Toyota’s.
How Toyota Is Different In Features Based Comparison Than Honda
1. Tires: Toyota cars have a better grip and handling capability than Honda cars.
2. Headlights: Toyota cars have better, brighter, and wider headlights than Honda cars.
3. Suspension: Toyota’s suspension system is better than Honda’s because it provides a smooth ride.
4. Brakes: The braking power of the Toyota car is much better than that of the Honda car because it has bigger brakes and rotors which provide more stopping power.
5. Cargo Space: Toyota has a larger cabin space and cargo space than Honda does because it has a bigger trunk and back seats.
6. Manual Transmission: Toyota cars have a manual transmission which gives them better acceleration and power.
7. Ride: Toyota cars have a better ride than Honda does because the suspension system is better.
8. Seats: Toyota has a more comfortable seat than Honda does because it has a better cushioning and fabric quality.
9. Carpet: The carpet in Toyota cars is better than that of Honda’s because it is more durable and easy to clean.
10. Dashboard: Toyota car dashboard is better than the Honda car’s dashboard because it has a larger display and better materials used in it.
How Honda Is Different Than Toyota When We Talk About Features?
The Honda is the only one that doesn’t have an Automatic Transmission, but both have a Manual. The Toyota has eight gears while the Honda only has six, which may mean it is not as good for driving long distances. The Honda is also about $3,000 cheaper than the Toyota. Honda may not be as reliable as Toyota because it has fewer gears. The Honda is $1,000 more expensive than the Toyota.
Which Is A Good Car? Toyota Or Honda?
Both cars are very good in their own way. Some likes Honda and some are very fond of the brand of Toyota. In terms of looks and style, Honda is a better car than Toyota. Honda is a stylish and powerful car while Toyota has a conservative look. In terms of price, maintenance cost, fuel efficiency, resale value, and durability Toyota is a better car than Honda.